PECs & SCERTS for SEN
PECs and SCERTS FOR SEN
The SCERTS Model Introduction, Application & Assessment
This is a Course for teachers of students with Special Educational Needs
Pupils with Severe learning difficulties (SLD)
Pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
Pupils with complex needs
Pupils with cerebral palsy, behavioural issues, downs syndrome, autism or asperger’s syndrome
Pupils with hearing and vision impairment.
PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) is often incorporated as a teaching method to help children affected by Autism. It is an alternative communication system developed in 1985 by Andy Bondy and Lori Frost, to help children affected by autism convey their thoughts and needs.
The lead tutor’s main area of expertise is autism with several accreditations (PECs, SCERTS)
The programmes are tailor made to meet the requirement of each teacher or group of teachers . They run throughout the year and dates are flexible
Objectives of the Course (Learning Outcomes of the Course)
• To identify SEN
• To identify severe learning difficulties the students with autism face
• To focus on PECs and SCERTS
• To discuss how PECs and SCERTS work with autism
• To identify any problematic phases of PECs and SCERTS application
• To examplify the best ways of application of PECS and SCERTS Models
• To discuss the SCERTS and PECS modelling for SEN Students.
• To describe the SCERTS assessment process for prioritizing learning objectives for children with ASD.
• To describe the SCERTS program planning process and strategies for implementing appropriate learning and educational accommodations for children with ASD.
Underlining the pedagogical approach
Focusing on a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge
Creating and implementing own learning solutions.
Using this theoretical knowledge,
Completing several practical tasks.
Brainstorming and discussing
Anatolia Education and Consulting will support partnerships originated during the training course to develop their project ideas. After training, participants will have the opportunity of keeping in touch via on-line helping them giving birth to a virtual network of professionals. The trainer will also tutor the practical tasks assigned to participants after the course.
Before the course,
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass CV will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- 01.02.2021 > 07.02.2021 (ID: 120170)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 120168.
There are no reviews for this course.