Welcome to IDEC trainings in Greece!
>> Scope: To introduce to teachers and trainers the concept of values in education and to provide them the necessary skills and competencies in order to develop and cultivate an educational environment that promotes values.
>> Certificates: Certificate of attendance.
Europass Certificate Supplement.
>> ECVET points: 3.5
>> Target groups: Teachers, trainers and staff at all types of education and training organisations.
>> Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the training course, the participants are expected to:
- Understand the types of values
- Be able to cultivate values, critical thinking and cooperation
- Be able to use different learning techniques for the promotion of values
- Design educational activities that are based on the five Cs
- Understand the role of family and educational institutions in instilling values
>> Methodology: The training course follows the principles of experiential learning and active involvement of participants. For each thematic unit, there will be an overall presentation of the theme, followed by group and individual activities, in which the participants will practice, discuss and reflect on the themes.
The learning techniques that will be used are:
- Short presentations of the topics
- Use of active learning methods with individual and group activities
- Work on case studies and role play
- Group discussions
- Individual and group reflection
>> Thematic units:
- Values (Personal values, Social values, Social identity, Types of values)
- Development of values in education (reasons for values in education, integrating values, educational Olympic values)
- School approach for values in education (standardised guidelines for students, values' based events)
- Learning values approach (role play, storytelling, group project, debate)
- Role of family in instilling values
- The five Cs (connection, caring, critical, communication, commitment)
- Culture and values
- Values in organisations
- European Diversity
>> Learning material: The learning material consists of presentations and support material in English language.
Tuition fee: 350 euro for 5 days training and 420 euro for 6 days training per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
>> Indicative programme:
Presentation of participants
Expectations from the training course
Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
Types of values
Personality and values
Development of values in education
Reasons for value in education
Educational Olympic values
School approach for values education
Standardised guidelines for students
Values' based events
Integrating Values into the Curriculum
Learning values approach
Values and ethical dilemma
Role of family in instilling values
The impact of values education on the unification of different cultures
Similarities and differences between American and European values
The five Cs (connection, caring, critical, communication, commitment
Values in organisations
Evaluation of the course
Note: The training sessions are being held between 9:00 – 14:00 daily with two coffee breaks. Small adjustments can be made to accommodate the cultural activities.
- 05.07.2021 > 10.07.2021 (ID: 119666)
- 06.12.2021 > 10.12.2021 (ID: 119668)
- 04.07.2022 > 09.07.2022 (ID: 170701)
- 05.12.2022 > 09.12.2022 (ID: 170700)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 119664.
There are no reviews for this course.