STEM through Robotics
Welcome to IDEC trainings in Greece!
>> Scope: The purpose of the course is to show educators how to use Robotics to create teaching activities in the fields of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The course will give participants the opportunity to learn how to inspire their students by implementing exciting, yet feasible, problem solving activities that foster creativity and active learning. Essentially, the course covers how to use robotics as an organizer to teach STEM concepts at a foundation level.
>> Certificates: Certificate of attendance.
Europass Certificate Supplement.
>> ECVET points: 3.5
>> Target groups: Teachers & school staff: primary and secondary level (10-16 year old students), adult educators, IT educators
>> Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the training course, the participants are expected to:
- Support their students and introduce the Hands-on methodology into their classroom.
- Create STEM-based lesson plans, organise their curriculum and make learning paths for students.
- Organise their lesson by incorporating projects with a focus on science and programming helping students develop skills such as problem solving, flexibility, critical thinking, creativity and perseverance in a collaborative environment
>> Methodology: The course is based on collaborative learning utilising hands-on education, problem solving, project-based learning, and discovery (guided) learning.
Participants get experience working with engineering, mathematical and physics concepts such as estimation, and learn to calculate distance, time and speed. Classmates work as a team of 2 or 3 pupils. The curriculum delivers robotics experience from design, project management to implementation, including building from scratch, true programming structure.
>> Thematic units:
- STEM theory
- Robotics theory
- Programming theory
- Exercises for Programming
- Simple projects with robot
- Advanced projects with robot
>> Learning material:
- Introducing the Robotic Kit
- Introducing the software for the Kit
- Lesson plans and classroom management
- Engine and sensor programming
- Learn commands to create integrated programs
- Hands-on activity (Project implementation)
Tuition fee: 350 euros for the 5 days course and 420 euro for the 6 days course per person
The cost includes the learning material and the certificates: Certificate of completion, Europass Certificate Supplement, Europass Mobility.
The cost can be funded by Erasmus+ programme KA1 mobility of staff.
>> Indicative programme:
Introduction to Class
Welcome – registrations
Presentation of participants
Expectations from the training course
Introduction to the training course, syllabus, methodology, learning outcomes
Introduction to STEM theory
Introduction to Robotics
Introduction to Programming
Programming for My Robot
Beginners programming to mBlock
Advanced programming to mBlock
Different programming tools (Scratch)
Built My Robot
First assembly of the robot Kit
Introduction to sensors and engines
Programming My Robot
Projects Day for my Robot
First Project: simple commands for robot
Second Project: utilisation of sensors and engines
Third project: advanced functions of robot
Different tools to programme My Robot (Arduino IDE, Robot C)
Different sensors and engines (extra Kits etc.)
How to use robotics to different courses
Reflection - evaluation of the training course
Certificates – Europass Mobility
Closure and farewell
Note: The training sessions are being held between 9:00 – 14:00 daily with two coffee breaks. Small adjustments can be made to accommodate the cultural activities.
- 23.11.2020 > 27.11.2020 (ID: 119645)
- 25.01.2021 > 29.01.2021 (ID: 119647)
- 28.06.2021 > 03.07.2021 (ID: 119646)