Understand how Gamification can trigger joyful and affective learning. Learn how to design games, and plan lessons and activities to enhance student motivation, foster creativity and critical thinking and develop social competences by team cooperation and positive competition. Discover how video games, simulation, augmented reality and technology-aided outdoor activities can engage students and promote meaningful knowledge and competences.
- Gamification benefits for student engagement and effective learning;
- Gamification, cognitive process and motivation;
- Gamification, critical thinking and creativity development;
- Planning and conducting a game-based lesson;
- Collaboration and positive competitiveness on gamified scholar activities;
- Digital games and technology-aided learning activities;
- Selecting games for specific student groups and subjects;
- Tools for collaboration in educational game-based projects;
- Game-based simulations, augmented reality and 360 videos;
- Monitoring and assessing student performance on game-based activities.
- Brief introduction to each of the topics.
- Participants share experiences and best practices on each topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Participants experiment the use of games, install, configure and explore tools and apps;
- Participants visit public and private schools, from different levels and observe infrastructures and resources and its usage.
Individually or in groups, participants prepare lessons, using games and apps.
- The course fee is 380€.
- Cultural visits and meals are paid separately.
- Algarve cultural visit has the cost of 50€. Participants not willing to join the cultural visit must notify ACJI 15 days before course starts.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of participation and a Declaration of Obtained Competences.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organizers on the Europass mobility. Participants must ask their national agency to issue the Europass (Visit our website Documents – Europass mobility).
Accommodation and Meals
- Participants book their accommodation. ACJI will advise participants for hotel choice in different price categories. Participants are free to choose hotels and restaurants. Accommodation is paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
- Lunches and coffee are available in or around the University of Algarve, where the course will take place.
- 18.08.2020 > 22.08.2020 (ID: 117699)
- Register before 31.07.2020
- 17.08.2021 > 21.08.2021 (ID: 117700)
- Register before 30.07.2021