German Teachers' Course, Vienna - January 2021
B2 to C2
Daily Teaching Sessions
German Teachers’ Course: Monday to Friday
4 x 45 minutes
(3 hours: 09:00 a.m. 12:15 p.m. or 02:15-05:30 p.m.)
Included cultural programmes:
5 lessons per week: e.g. Vienna guided tours; talks and videos about Austrian music, art, history, literature and architecture; Viennese Waltz course; cooking lessons.
Special activities included
Total course contact hours:
(1 lesson = 45 minutes) = 18.75 hours/week
Maximum class size:
8-10, max. 12
18.01.2021 / 29.03.2021 / 05.07.2021 / 19.07.2021 / 04.10.2021 or on request
• for non-native speakers of German
• suitable for teachers teaching German as a Foreign Language in any kind of educational institution
• applicants who work for an educational institution (e.g. university, school or educational organisation) and are a citizen of an European Union state or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia and Serbia.
• Funding includes: Participants’ course fees, individual support (subsidence including meals & accommodation) and organisational support.
Course Location: Vienna, Austria
• Vienna – the most liveable city: safe, clean and green in the heart of Europe
• Magnificent imperial buildings, as well as a long lasting tradition of musical arts meet modern architecture, art and festivals. Vienna features an excellent infrastructure.
• Modern school with bright, tastefully furnished classrooms centrally located
• Recognised OSD (Austrian German Language Diploma) examination centre
You will improve and update your language skills as well as exchange your experiences in using various teaching methods with international colleagues and teaching staff of the language school. Up-to-date information on Austrian and German language, culture and literature are part of the programme. The course is designed to provide you with suggestions and new ideas which you can then put into practice after returning home.
This Teacher Training provides insight into up-to-date teaching materials for German as a Foreign Language, variations on teaching grammar and vocabulary, use of authentic material on different language levels as well as using audio-visual media in lessons. Improvement of personal expression and fluency, text analysis and reading techniques complete this course.
With our cultural programme you will visit international sights with guided tours in Vienna after classes and on the weekends and experience the Austrian culture and language in varied activities together with ActiLingua. As a special welcome you are invited to a welcome dinner in a typical Viennese restaurant.
• Level test (online test)
• Pre-Course practical arrangements
• Pre-Course teacher questionnaire
• Certificate of Attendance and Achievement based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• Europass Mobility on request
• Greater knowledge of different classroom methodological practices
• Improving your general German language skills: fluency and authenticity
• Improving your confidence in using the language
• Improving and developing your communication skills
• Insight in Austrian culture and history
• Deeper sensitivity to cultural diversity
In addition to our language course we offer accommodation in the school-owned ActiLingua Residence, in host families or student apartments. https://www.actilingua.com/en/german-courses/accommodation-in-vienna/
Do you need more information?
We are always happy to help!
+43 1 877 67 01
To register please send us the registration form online or via e-mail.
Work on language structure
Improvement of personal expression and fluency
Text analysis, working with writing stimuli, reading techniques
Teaching methodology aspects
Looking at and discussing various teaching material.
Getting to know new language books.
Using communicative methods in lessons.
Variations on teaching grammar and vocabulary.
Use of authentic material on different language levels.
Using audio-visual media in lessons.
Getting to know the Austrian culture.
Political, geographical and historical developments.
Teaching Austrian customs and culture.
Discussing contemporary Austrian and German literature, politics and issues in the classroom.
Highly qualified, motivated and experienced
Native speakers of standard German.
One or two teachers for each group.
We kindly ask you to fill in our questionnaire before arrival. Our teachers do their best to meet your expectations in the Teachers’ Course.
German Course Provider
A-1130 Vienna, Austria
FON: +43 1 877 67 01
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 113092.
There are no reviews for this course.