Integration of Immigrant Students into Education at Schools
INTEGRATION OF IMMIGRANT STUDENTS into EDUCATION
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: 350€ per person
Integration of immigrant Students into Education
This will be an interactive course during which the participants will have a chance to demonstrate, present and give data related to the current situation in their own countries.
The course will mainly focus on:
• The situation of immigrant students in the education system;
o enrolment in type of school,
o duration of attending school,
o indicators of achievement,
o school diploma
(the current system of all the participant countries will be mentioned and evaluated in that part of the course)
• Explaining underachievement;
o Conceptual and explanatory approaches,
o Discrimination as an explanation of educational disadvantage,
• Raising the opportunities of immigrant children in education;
• Policies and measures on the societal level;
o The political and societal definition of the situation
o Structural policies in the education system,
o Teachers and preschool educators: roles and training,
(the common definition and policy and the ones in the participant countries will be focused on in order to be clearer .)
• The single school matters: policies and measures in schools.
o The teacher-student relationship
o Organizational adaptations
o The school and its environment
• Early education programs and Early childhood programs for language learning in immigrant families
All the participants will
• Learn about different policies used in integration of immigrant students
• Be aware of the possible problems the immigrants students faced and the possible solutions to these problems
• Understand the relevance of immigrant students’ achievement and their backgrounds
• Develop a school policy to integrant immigrant students successfully
• Be aware of the roles of other skate holders at local, national and international levels
• Find out the possible ways to prevent the discrimination at schools
• Find out best ways to create multicultural and peaceful environments at schools
Objectives Of The Course
• Understanding the different policies related to immigrant students in different education systems
• Understanding the nature, causes and possible remedies for the educational disadvantages experienced by immigrant students in schools
• Seeing the relevance of immigrant students’ achievement and socio-economic origin of the country they migrate
• Realizing the importance of early childhood education and care to adopt the immigrant students to the education system and the society they live in
• Developing a school policy plan on Integrating immigrant students to the schools
• Getting aware of the roles of some other skate holders such as NGOs, governors, etc to overcome the obstacles the immigrant students and their families face during the education process
• Working on the ways to prevent the discrimination at the schools the immigrant students attend
• Tips for how to develop strategies to improve the educational quality of the school
• Creating a forum to be linked to the webpage of the course provider in order to share the personal experiences in applying the strategies learnt through the course at their venue.
• Role playing
• Case study
• Developing plans and policies
• Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, policy makers, etc.
• Before the course
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate the level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• The participants will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participants demand.
- 08.03.2021 > 12.03.2021 (ID: 119411)
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 109373.
There are no reviews for this course.