Encouraging Students To GAIN READING HABIT
Reading habit is that the person carries out the reading activity continuously and regularly throughout life. Reading habits in developed countries have transformed into a lifestyle. A phenomenon often admired by students and officials visiting western countries, readers they see on public transport. When you go on a bus or flight, everyone has a book in hand, even evaluates between two stops. In the garden, in the garden, on holiday, at the sea, in the dining hall, books are opened and read on a page. All the researches carried out, the children who earned early reading habits vocabulary, and ability to think are increasing, it is stated that creative intelligence, listening ability develops. It is an important skill that people have to earn in order to make them enjoy this activity.
The role of family and teachers is great in the acquisition of this habit if reading habits are thought to have been laid in the family and continued by the teachers in the education system. First of all, teachers who are an example to students as good readers are constantly expressing that if basic literacy does become a reading habit, that reading is a part of the learning process and that it should last for life. It is not expected that teachers who do not read and do not support students to read have the habit of reading. On the contrary, the interest that the teacher will have in this matter and the support to the student will give will ensure that the student's reading tendency is realized in a continuous and regular context. The influence of library use is great in acquiring the habit of reading books. For this reason, it is necessary for children to be guided for the active use of the school library as well as to visit the libraries.
After This Course Participants Will Know How To;
• Create class libraries in the primary education. The books that need to be read primarily in the classroom should be add clipboard and provide students a meeting with books
• If possible, teachers arrange reading hours in the classroom, if not available in the school library, and prepare the environment for the children to read their own selected resources.
• In the school, they create a wall-newspaper that tells the importance of reading books, and the written question about the books they read.
• Make interviews with the parents and inform them about what they should do to help students learn to read.
• Teachers inform students that they should not just read the same kind novels, they also should read just like biography, travel, memorabilia, personal development, research etc.
• Students can be directed to use the school library, and together they organize trips to the surrounding libraries, giving them the habit of using the library.
After This Course You Will Able To;
• Understand the importance of reading and reading habits.
• Knows reading types.
• Know the factors that support reading.
• Knows the factors that prevent reading.
• Learns the strategies of reading habits.
• Applies methods and techniques of reading habits.
• Applies methods of encouraging books and reading.
• Selects books suitable for students interest
• Applies the methods and techniques used to acquire reading habits.
• Selects and use the right material when developing the reading habits.
Why You Should Take This Course ?
• support learners in the acquisition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and competences) with a view to improving their personal development.
• Having a guideto teach your students ‘’reading habit’’.Increase your student motivation and make more effective classes this course will be an opportunity to respond your professional and personal development with the line with Erasmus Plus Program priority.
• It is a course that will transform your deficiencies into positive with European added value.
• All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
• A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
• They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.A closed Facebook group will be created for getting know each other of all participants and to share practical information.
• A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
• A Europass CV will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
350€ ( for a 5-day course only)
25.11.2019 - 29.11.2019 Paris, FRANCE (Confirmed)
24.06.2019 - 28.06.2019 Barcelona, SAPIN
20.04.2020 - 24.04.2020 Paris, FRANCE
( ıf you are 5 or more than please send us e-mail to change the venue and the dates)
- 16.05.2022 > 20.05.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 105120.
There are no reviews for this course.