Developing Emotional Intelligence
Being a teacher has never been only about lecturing facts to a group of students. By spending time with your students you have an unique position to have a direct impact on their life. This is especially relevant in cases where students don’t have good role models. So it is important they have someone they can connect with. Therefore, teachers need tools to work with the students’ psychological needs. This course on Developing Emotional Intelligence strengthens the competencies of teachers for building emotional capacity of their students, trough activities that are ready to use in the classroom. Because the program of the course is a mix of theoretical knowledge supported by practical activities it enables the participants to deepen their understanding through their own experience.
DAY BY DAY PROGRAMME
- Introductory meeting, explanation of practical arrangements, presentation of timetable, information about course venue
- Creating a secure space for quality group work.
- Icebreakers and morning breathing excersise.
- Introduction to the subject of emotional intelligence as a personality trait. Presentation of the five pillars of EQ by Goleman: self-awareness, self-management, motivation, empathy and social skills.
- What are the emotions, what function they have and how they can benefit us.
- Self-awareness. Check-in with your own emotional world exercise.
- Group role-playing activity with which we recognise the connection between thoughts, behaviours and emotions.
- Preparing your own activity for classroom.
- Morning breathing exercise.
- Managing your own emotions. How can we influence emotions trough thoughts and behaviour. Techniques of relaxation, mindfulness meditation.
- Afternoon excursion.
- Techniques and activities that promote empathy.
- How to test your own EQ.
- Recognising facial signs of emotions by Paul Ekman.
- Social skills. Role playing different techniques of effective communication.
- Giving feedback with I messages.
- Self-assessment conflict management questionnaire - the typology of Thomas Kilman.
- Review of the techniques and methods that participants learned during the program.
- Preparation of their own action plan, where, how and when they will use them.
- Final evaluation of the process.
* Some changes in the programme are possible. The participants will receive the Informational Booklet a few weeks prior to the start of the course.
- 04.07.2022 > 09.07.2022
- Register before 20.06.2022
- 05.12.2022 > 10.12.2022
- Register before 21.11.2022
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 102918.
There are no reviews for this course.