ERASMUS+: School-Based Experiential Outdoor Education (GR)
Research has shown that outdoor/adventure learning improves students’ self-awareness, self-control, self-responsibility, teamwork, community integration and general behaviour at school. Students value the outdoors connection, the hands-on-approach and the relevance of the material.
Thus, the main aim of the course is to introduce the concept of experiential learning through outdoor education
allowing participants to create their own meaningful and engaging learning processes for their students.
During the course, participants will learn how they can bring the classroom out and give the possibility to young learners to learn from nature and their peers as well as to learn by experience. The course programme is based on hands-on experience, thus participants will spend most of the time while learning outdoors.
Specific objectives of the seminar are:
● Understanding the concept and the main elements of Experiential Learning and how to implement it in an educational context
● Deeper understanding of outdoors as a concept and as a method, the ability to use it in daily life and work
● Ability to deliver quality educational activities about social inclusion by using the outdoors as a method
● Ability to create a learning context for youth activities that are based on "Passive vs. Active inclusion" model and being able to access the inclusion level within a group
● Ability to address social inclusion and similar topics with more tools and methods than before
● Ability to use the surrounding environment successfully for group and individual learning
Rate & review
Reviews only come from verified course participants via the European Commission's Mobility Tool+. If you participated in this course, use the Mobility Tool+ to submit a review. If the course is not listed in the Mobility Tool+ yet, please provide to your project coordinator the following course ID: 101903.
There are no reviews for this course.