A formative Assessment Tool of the Classroom Climate
The formative Assessment Tool of the Classroom Climate has been developed in the frame of the report ‘A formative, inclusive, whole school approach to the assessment of social and emotional education in the EU´, aiming to provide a comprehensive and holistic evaluation of the classroom climate and guide teacher/s and students to make positive changes to the classroom together.
The tool consists of nine indicators assessing the quality of the classroom climate, namely:
- Cultural responsiveness and inclusion,
- Sense of safety, including prevention and protection from bullying,
- Positive classroom management,
- Caring teacher-students relationship,
- Supportive peer relationships,
- Collaboration, including collaborative learning,
- Active student engagement in meaningful learning activities,
- Challenge and high expectations for all learners in the classroom,
- Student voice, including student participation in classroom decisions.
The nine indicators are presented through a questionnaire helping the teachers and students to identify the strengths and targets for improvement in each area. The tool may be adjusted by the classroom teachers according to the nature of their group so that it would be culturally meaningful and developmentally appropriate.
- Document (direct evidence)
- Ireland; Italy; Malta
- BG; CZ; DA; DE; EL; EN; ES; ET; FI; FR; GA; HR; HU; IS; IT; LT; LV; MK; MT; NL; NO; PL; PT; RO; SK; SL; SR; SV; TR
- School level
- Pre-school; Primary; Secondary
- Intervention level
- Intervention intensity
- Funding source
- European Funding