Promoting the Integration of Migrants and Refugees in and through Education
‘Promoting the Integration of Migrants and Refugees in and through Education’ aims to support education unions and activists to develop advocacy activities in favour of newcomers’ rights.
Education International developed a toolkit that provides guidelines for educators and education unions on designing inclusion plans for migrants and refugees, and for schools on managing diversity and empowering migrants and refugees.
The toolkit can support both unions without previous experience in this domain and those that are willing to further develop their activities with regard to migrants and refugees. It can be used at different levels of the organisation and enables them to:
- Understand the phenomenon of migration and forced displacement worldwide and the challenges it poses in relation to the education sector.
- Understand and defend refugees’ and migrants’ rights as protected by international, regional and national law.
- Develop activities in favour of migrants and refugees’ rights at national and local levels.
Challenge the predominant negative narrative about migration and refugees.
- Document (direct evidence)
- BG; CZ; DA; DE; EL; EN; ES; ET; FI; FR; GA; HR; HU; IS; IT; LT; LV; MK; MT; NL; NO; PL; PT; RO; SK; SL; SR; SV; TR
- School level
- Pre-school; Primary; Secondary
- Intervention level
- Intervention intensity
- Funding source
- Private funding