Support for Empowerment and Integration of Refugee Families (SOFIE)
Image: SOFIE project logo
SOFIE was a 2.5 year-long Erasmus+ project which addressed the European-level need of social integration of refugee families, as one of the most vulnerable targets to the host societies. Project partners from Austria, Italy, Cyprus, Turkey, and Sweden came together to promote professional, social and cultural integration of migrants and refugees.
To this end, the projects worked to:
- create a holistic set of tools, guides of best practice and curricula for trainings to support the inclusion process the most effectively.
- support mother and child interaction for the learning process of second language.
- increase the training of trainers and volunteers working with refugees.
The project results include:
- Guidelines for Best Practice of Inclusion based on needs analysis of refugee families.
- Training for mothers and children focused on fostering language skills and integration of refugee families.
- Trainers training for adult educators, second language teachers, social workers and trainers working with refugee women and children.
- A guide for best practice and online training for buddying/mentoring.
- Project website
- Practice (direct evidence)
- Austria; Cyprus; Italy; Turkey
- BG; CZ; DA; DE; EL; EN; ES; ET; FI; FR; GA; HR; HU; IS; IT; LT; LV; MK; MT; NL; NO; PL; PT; RO; SK; SL; SR; SV; TR
- School level
- Pre-school; Primary; Secondary
- Intervention level
- Intervention intensity
- Funding source
- European Funding