Raising the Achievement of all Learners in Inclusive Education
Image: Project Logo
The ‘Raising the Achievement of All Learners in Inclusive Education’ (RA) project aimed to provide evidence of effective practice in raising achievement and building the capacity of schools and communities to include and support all learners.
The European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education conducted the RA project between 2014 and 2017, building on the previous RA4AL project from 2012. The project examined approaches that directly or indirectly affect young people’s motivation and capacity to learn. A follow-up of the project was undertaken in 2019.
The project involved learners, teachers, school leaders, researchers, parents and local and national policymakers.
The outcomes from the RA project activities included:
- The development of strategies to increase staff engagement.
- Increased parental involvement.
- Closer collaboration with the wider community (e.g. neighbourhood schools, universities).
- Examination of pedagogy for deep learning.
- The development of growth mindsets for success.
- Inter-disciplinary teaching to provide a more relevant curriculum.
- Focus on self-review and examining the quality of inclusive practice.
Professional development for staff.
- Document (indirect evidence)
- Austria; Belgium; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; United Kingdom
- BG; CZ; DA; DE; EL; EN; ES; ET; FI; FR; GA; HR; HU; IS; IT; LT; LV; MK; MT; NL; NO; PL; PT; RO; SK; SL; SR; SV; TR
- School level
- Primary; Secondary
- Intervention level
- Targeted; Universal
- Intervention intensity
- Funding source
- European Funding; National government