Supporting Inclusive School Leadership (SISL)
Image: SISL project logo
The Supporting Inclusive School Leadership (SISL) project investigated how to promote inclusive school-level leadership and provided supportive tools. The project considered that leadership for inclusive education aimed at achieving full participation in meaningful learning opportunities, high achievement and well-being for all learners, including those most vulnerable to exclusion.
School leadership is a crucial factor in developing a more inclusive education system. The SISL project ran 2017-2021 and was coordinated by the European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education. The outputs include:
- Synthesis Report on Inclusive School Leadership
In addition, open-source tools were developed and piloted:
- Policy Framework to support development of supportive policies for inclusive school leadership.
- Self-Reflection Tool for reflection and dialogue between leadership and policymakers on gaps between the standards leadership is held accountable for and what policy is available to ensure achievement of these standards. This tool is open-source, can be adapted to different country contexts and be completed as a whole or in parts, focused on school leaders’ core functions of setting direction, human or organisational development.
- Practice (indirect evidence)
- Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Italy; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; United Kingdom
- BG; CZ; DA; DE; EL; EN; ES; ET; FI; FR; GA; HR; HU; IS; IT; LT; LV; MK; MT; NL; NO; PL; PT; RO; RU; SK; SL; SR; SV; TR
- School level
- Pre-school; Primary; Secondary
- Intervention level
- Targeted; Universal
- Intervention intensity
- Ongoing; Periodic
- Funding source
- European Funding