Laboratorio del cittadino Onlus
Via B. Buozzi 48, Castiglione del Lago, Italy
"The Association Laboratorio del cittadino Onlus" since 1994 is dedicated to the international cooperation, education and lifelong learning, recognize as National Association by the Minister of Education. The organization is located in Castiglione del Lago, Umbria, centre of Italy. As a National association, it relies on a network of schools and educational organizations, vocational schools in different regions of Italy and in other European countries (Italy, Belgium, Greece, Turkey, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Finland, UK, Slovakia, Norway, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia).
The vocation of our association is:
- to disseminate among different kinds of audience (pupils, teachers, adults, students) the processes of a conscious knowledge of the European Active Citizenship starting from heritage works.
- To employ different languages using real and virtual notebook.
- To contribute to the fulfillment of European projects through the creation of websites, among the different European partners.
"The Association" is an institution of research, experimentation, application and dissemination of ideas linked to the education and formation in the fields of Environment and European Active Citizenship.
The organization promotes lifelong learning creating events, interviews, work groups, seminaries, and pedagogical activities. Since 1998 Laboratorio del Cittadino works on the European Program Lifelong Learning, developing important collaboration with public and private entities, schools and associations at national and international level, developing initiatives and events through Comenius, Grundtvig, Leonardo, Study Visits and IST Courses.
The organization was already in the European Commission Catalogue of Training Providers and during the past years we organize almost 8 sessions per year.
European Projects developed:
- "The garden, a living monument: Heritage education gardens in Europe", centralized actions Comenius 3, with France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Romania and Poland. 1998
- In Service Training Courses “Le jardin monument vivant. Pédagogie du patrimoine des jardins en Europe” 1999-2003; "Le Grand Tour en Europe: art, paysage, jardins, créativité, innovation" 2004 2013 and "Europe between Mythology, Modernity and Multiculturalism" 2012-2015.
- Leonardo da Vinci Program “Modern educational methods & skills in environmental education (MEMSE)” 2008.
- Grundtvig Workshop “Pour un Jardin de la Terre” Ischia October 2009, “Hyperpaysages d’Europe” Castiglione del Lago May 2011.
- Grundtvig Learning Partnership, “Hefore” 2010-2012, “EU Treasure Hunt 2011-2013, “Regards d’Europe Croisés” 2012-2014
After the end of the Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP) on 31 December 2013 and the closing of the European Catalogue we promote new Training Courses under Erasmus+:
“Grand Tour in Europe: Creativity, innovation, active citizenship and intercultural dialogue”
The course is designed for teachers, educators, trainers, who want to update and improve their profession, through a full week of study and experimentation of an effective teaching method based on research, action and training. The course is an opportunity of an intellectual and emotional travel, a way of telling through texts and images a very emotional transversal experience, in important places of the European culture. The participants at the training, focused on the strategy “Europe 2020”, might deepen the following aspects:
- Innovation and creativity to ensure the effectiveness of “Triangle of knowledge” (education, research, innovation).
- Innovative teaching methods for intercultural dialogue and participation based on a cross-sectorial approach.
- New places in which to express the active citizenship, as the plural and pluralist notion at the base of the intercultural life, opening new horizons and new ways to practice a local, national, European and International level the participatory democracy process;
- Promotion and creation of learning partnership between schools, companies and the civil society;
The course will have theoretic meetings, visits, seminaries and practical activities. This method will lead to a realization of a formative path overall thanks to the participants that will finally appreciate the didactic values of a new learning method, deeply transversal in his approach, that mainly leads to a new point of view, focusing on the cultural interaction, to promote the creation of strong
links between people and territory. This method gives to teachers and educators an important educational tool, both in terms of content and knowledge and in terms of awareness of safeguarding cultural heritage in Europe and worldwide. Activities related to the recognition and preservation of diversity and its various forms of expression, promoting better mutual understanding between cultures and peoples.
“Europe between Mythology, Modernity and Multiculturalism”
The aim of the course is to offer innovative and creative teaching tools. Another point is the one to let everyone know about the myths of Europe, to let this continent be proposed as advantaged place for cultural exchanges. The myth of Europe, feminine figure from which the West lands took their name, reminds us that people have always transmigrate and that those migrations took important cultural and social innovations. In a world crossed by several migrations, often in Europe’s direction, as in the past for other continents, the European myth gains a bigger importance. Europe is a traveler who is not afraid to live all behind and move to East and West, to discover new worlds and bring his contribute concerning the culture. Participants will create, as final product of the course, a real “wunderkammer”, a virtual “room of wonders”, through a fascinating travel between common cultural heritages of the European people. Literature, visual arts and sciences, in fact, could interpret and transmit a set of principles shared from all around the Europe and overall, from Rome to Athens.
The increasing utilization of the qualitative research and research-action in science and instruction has renewed the teaching and formation methodologies. This project justifies the use of this neologism: research-action-interaction training. The research is about knowledge progression and provides the use of methodological tools as the mythological, iconographic, artistic and literary interpretation of the Myth of Europe, through the systematic collection and analysis of data and works. The action-innovation brings to a renovation of the educational and training practices with the aim to offer to the participants innovative and interdisciplinary approaches that link lectures with non formal activities, stimulating participation and creativity in these new didactic paths. The training part creates a place to reflect in a huge, systematic action line, where participants will contribute actively to the creation of new educational practices, using multimedia and interactive techniques.
Laboratorio del cittadino Onlus
Via B. Buozzi 48, 06061
Castiglione del Lago (PG)