NGO Kaunas Biennial
Plento g. 1D, Kaunas, Lithuania
NGO Kaunas Biennial was established in 1997 and since then is organising artistic, cultural and educational events. Every event of Biennial is created from scratch, i.e. by changing the structure, the conditions of participation, the character of exhibitions, the conception, also by involving new partners, curators, artists and people working in different areas of culture for a common purpose: communication through the expression of art and creative processes.
Since 2017 Kaunas Biennial became the leading organisation for Creative Europe Platform project MAGIC CARPETS, which unites 13 organisations, based in 13 different European Union and candidate countries. In 2019 the 12th edition of Kaunas Biennial will take place through 7th June– 29th September in Kaunas public spaces and the Picture Gallery.
NGO Kaunas Biennial seeks to make significant events for contemporary art in Kaunas, Lithuania and Europe, which reflect analytically the art processes currently taking place all over the world, by bringing up the priorities of creative collaboration and openness in the processes of art creation and its perception.
Kaunas Biennial is a platform and a real opportunity for:
– artists’ debates and the realisation of innovative ideas,
– collaboration among artists and visitors,
– the enhancement of the sense of community through creative activities,
– interdisciplinary artistic and academic practices,
– international and intercontinental partnerships
– the creation of a discursive culture.
The Purposes of the Kaunas Biennial:
– To encourage the dynamics of contemporary art in Kaunas, its region and on the international level by organising international, group and personal exhibitions in Lithuania and abroad, publishing art reviews, publications, and catalogues;
– Through educational programmes and collaboration projects to create a discursive environment and ensure maximum access to culture for various age and interest groups in Kaunas.
NGO Kaunas Biennial also offers 4 professional development courses for practitioners from educational sector: teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, special needs), teacher trainers, school management staff.
visit Member name's page