One year of boosting teachers' professional development
- Reading time: 3 minutes
A little over one year ago, a new professional development service was launched on the School Education Gateway: the Teacher Academy. On its first anniversary, we are proud to announce its successes and to present to you the upcoming opportunities.
The Teacher Academy offers professional development opportunities and online materials – primarily for teachers, school leaders and other school staff from pre-primary to upper secondary level, but also anybody involved in school education. Within it, you can find:
- a comprehensive catalogue of on-site courses offered by third parties across Europe (Erasmus+ Key Action 1: Mobility)
- a wealth of teaching materials developed by EU-funded projects; and
- completely free online courses, developed by experts from across Europe especially for the Teacher Academy.
During its first year, the Teacher Academy ran 11 online courses, with over 17,000 enrolments. Out of the 11,000 participants who started these courses, an impressive 45% successfully completed them – three times higher than the industry average completion rate (15%). Such strong user engagement underlines the relevance of the selected themes to Europe's teachers, as well as the high quality of course delivery.
This autumn, the Teacher Academy is offering a variety of brand new courses and the re-running of already successful ones:
- Rerun: Moving to Maths 2.0. Bring excitement back to the Maths classroom! Starting on 18 September – register here.
- *New course*: Effective Parental Engagement for Student Learning. Reach out to and work effectively with parents to ensure your students’ success. Starting on 25 September – register here.
- Rerun: Introducing Project-Based Learning in your Classroom. Discover project-based learning (PBL) and embark on a learning journey with your students. Starting on 16 October – register here.
- *New course*: Erasmus+ funding opportunities for schools. Find out how your school can benefit from opportunities eligible for Erasmus+ funding. Starting on 30 October – register here.
- Rerun: Competences for 21st Century Schools. Make competence-based education a reality in your classroom. Starting on 13 November – register here.
All courses are entirely free and flexible, and offer you a digital certificate and digital badges after completion.
Enrol and enjoy learning with thousands of peers from across Europe and beyond!
Do you want to know more about the Teacher Academy? Watch our video: