Presented in 23 European languages, the School Education Gateway is an online platform for teachers, school leaders, researchers, teacher educators, policymakers and other professionals working in school education – including Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) and Vocational Education and Training (VET). Join today and stay informed about European policy and action for schools!
Four good reasons to use the platform
The School Education Gateway is free of charge for all users. Here, you can:
- STAY INFORMED – with new content every week, including opinion pieces by experts, news articles, interviews, up-to-date publications, and examples of practices.
- FIND RESOURCES – such as reports from recent research, teaching materials created in European projects and training courses, and the European Toolkit for Schools, with material on preventing early school leaving and a self-assessment tool to help you develop your own school actions.
- DEVELOP YOURSELF – with the Teacher Academy, offering free online courses developed by our in-house experts, as well as webinars and teaching materials.
- GET FAMILIAR WITH FUNDING – through the Erasmus+ Opportunities, consisting of three practical tools (course catalogue, mobility opportunities directory and strategic partnership search) for schools to prepare their Erasmus+ applications.
Linking policy and practice
The platform supports the European Commission’s policy priorities for schools and ongoing challenges in school education. The content is indexed under different tags, helping you to find relevant resources matching your interests. To search by tag and/or content type, go to the search page and select the tag and/or content type of your choice.
- Submission of content suggestions
- Support materials for the Erasmus+ tools
- Newsletter subscription
- School Education Gateway Friends
School Education Gateway and eTwinning explained:
Download the promo pack in English here (.ZIP, ~27 MB). Most of the materials are available in 23 languages; if you wish to download them in a different language, please select that language from the menu on the top right, and scroll back down to the promo pack section. Some materials are only available in English; you may download the design files here (.ZIP, ~39 MB).
The School Education Gateway is an initiative of the European Union. It is funded by Erasmus+, the European programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport. It is steered by the European Commission (EC) and implemented by its European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). It is operated on behalf of the European Union by European Schoolnet, an international partnership of 32 European Ministries of Education developing learning for schools, teachers and pupils across Europe. The School Education Gateway is linked to eTwinning, the community for schools in Europe.