Presented in 23 European languages, the School Education Gateway is a single point of entry for teachers, school leaders, policy makers, experts and other professionals in the school education field. Join today and stay informed about European policy and action for schools!
- Latest - Fresh insights into Europe’s policy and practice in school education: short news articles, a calendar of events, and a collection of good practices from European projects and classrooms.
- Viewpoints - Your source of Europe’s expert opinions and ideas in school education provided through articles and interviews. You can also take part in periodic short polls on intriguing topics and make your opinion count!
- Resources - Publications to stay informed, ready-to-use tutorials and teaching materials, from Europe for your classroom! Also discover how the European Toolkit for Schools can help your school to promote inclusive education and tackle early school leaving.
- Theme pages - Explore the content through the EU’s nine key priorities in school education:
- Teacher Academy - Teacher Academy allows teachers to discover a wide range of training opportunities and resources for their classroom. It consists of a central course catalogue with information on in-service onsite courses by independent course providers, School Education Gateway’s own free online courses, and a selection of teaching materials developed by eTwinning teachers, EU institutions and other EU-funded projects.
- Erasmus+ opportunities - Schools across Europe can benefit from the funding opportunities provided by the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Programme, including support for training courses and teaching assignments for professional development, or participation in project partnerships. Discover the three tools that School Education Gateway provides for schools to prepare their Erasmus+ applications!
- European Toolkit for Schools - The Toolkit promotes a whole-school approach to improve inclusiveness and prevent early school leaving. It can help school heads, teachers and others identify the needs in prevention of early school leaving and find suitable solutions. The Toolkit collects evidence, documents and good practices of collaborative approaches in and around schools that can be implemented in different school contexts.
The School Education Gateway is funded by Erasmus+, the European programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport. It is operated for the Directorate General for Education and Culture of the European Commission by European Schoolnet, an international partnership of 31 European Ministries of Education developing learning for schools, teachers and pupils across Europe. The School Education Gateway is linked to eTwinning, the community for schools in Europe.
The School Education Gateway newsletter is published four times a year in English. Subscribe to our newsletter here.
School Education Gateway promo pack
The promo pack includes a complete set of informative and promotional materials on the School Education Gateway, including the Teacher Academy. This includes presentations (.PPTX), infosheets (.PDF), logos & banners, and much more.
Download the ZIP file here (.ZIP, ~60 MB, v.01.03.2018).
How to use School Education Gateway
The website content (news, good practices, expert articles, publications, etc.) are indexed under different topics, helping you to find relevant content matching your interests. The topics are also linked to the European Commission policy priorities for schools. To search by topic, go to the search page, and select the topic of your choice.
|Teaching and learning||Stages & learner groups||School governance||Competences|
Monthly focus areas
Each month School Education Gateway will focus on a specific topic. Here are the monthly topics of 2018:
- January: Cultural heritage: museums, history and cultural learning
- February: Values: supporting a culture of inclusion
- March: Assessment for learning
- April: Digital education
- May: STEAM: interdisciplinarity and innovation
- June: Mobility: opening minds, growing engagement
- July: Arts: creative schools, creative youth
- August: Meta-learning
- September: Languages
- October: Entrepreneurial learning
- November: Teacher careers: professional pathways
- December: Cultural heritage: religions, festivals and traditions
Do you have interesting content you would like to see published on the School Education Gateway? Use this online form to send us content suggestions. Before sending, please have a look at our content types and monthly topics. If you would like to suggest content for a specific monthly topic, please send it three months in advance. Unfortunately, we can’t publish all suggested content, but the editorial team goes through all suggestions and will inform the senders whether the material is selected for publishing. We also reserve the right to edit any submitted content prior to publication.
For general questions and inquiries, please use the common contact form.
Erasmus+ 30 years' anniversary: Would you like to share your experience with the Erasmus+ Programme? Share your story here.