Introducing Project Based Learning in the Classroom
The course “Introducing Project-Based Learning in the Classroom” introduces the pedagogical approach to project-based learning (PBL) and its application in the classroom. This highly interactive and practice-based course aims to provide concrete examples, ideas and tools to inspire and support educators in their lesson planning.
The course explores three key challenges related to the implementation of PBL: how to establish effective collaboration among students, how to facilitate student-driven activities, and finally how to assess PBL in the classroom.
This course aims to provide teachers with the much needed tools and ideas to successfully plan and implement PBL activities in the classroom. The general aim of this course is to foster excellence in education by empowering teachers, trainers, headmasters and other education staff to implement PBL activities while sharing best practices and experiences with fellow participants and trainers throughout all Europe gaining as well a broader understanding of education in Europe.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Get acquainted with the key elements and growing trends related to PBL;
- Learn how to use Project planning tools and online databases to design learning activities;
- Learn how to engage students and motivate them to establish effective collaboration and develop problem solving skills as well as their self-esteem;
- Learn how to lead and deliver experiential workshops, simulation activities and interactive projects to foster students entrepreneurial mindsets and leadership characters;
- Get to know case studies that could be used and integrated in a real course;
- Exchange good practices and discuss challenges with fellow colleagues and the course trainers.
This course is open to: teachers, trainers, headmasters, school and education managers, educational counsellors, career counsellors, other school staff, other adult education staff, other higher education staff, other non-governmental organization staff, public servants, policy makers. However, the focus of the course is on the practical and pedagogical activities within a classroom environment, so the course will be more relevant to practicising teachers.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
Our standard programme comprises 7 days, of which the first one is dedicated to networking, preparation and cultural immersion and the last one to follow up, specific needs and cultural activities. Please note that we always do our best to accommodate the specific needs of our participants in a flexible way, including but not limited to budget restrictions and travel arrangements. Participants can choose to arrive 1 day before the start of the course and/or leave 1 day after the end of it in order to enjoy a deeper cultural immersion. Upon specific request we can organize longer or shorter version of this course.
- Participants arrival
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city
- Networking activities
- Guided visit in Bologna
- Welcome dinner
- Course introduction
- Competences ex-ante evaluation
- Ice-breaking activities
- Teambuilding exercises
- What is PBL and Why Use it?
- Reflections on current teaching practices and styles
- Components of good PBL
- Formulating your Driving Question
- Practicing, designing and delivering effective PBL activities
- Visit to local school and best practices’ exchange with local teachers
- Cultural activities in Bologna and traditional Italian aperitif
- How to foster students’ motivation, participation and creativity through PBL
- Effective collaboration of PBL inside and outside the classroom
- Guided visit in Florence (optional)
- The importance of student driven activities in PBL
- Fostering an entrepreneurial mindset makes for resilient learners
- Use of learning design tools in PBL implementation.
- Create a PBL lesson plan
- Presenting PBL lesson created
- Best practices and guidelines for assessing and validating PBL
- Create a Learning Rubric
- Dinner in traditional Italian restaurant
- Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
- Course roundup and final evaluation
- Validation of learning outcomes and certification ceremony
- Additional training session tailored to specific needs (optional)
- Cultural activities or additional guided visit in another major Italian city (optional)
- Participants departure
We tailor the working methods based upon participants’ needs, attitudes and professional profiles in order to ensure high productivity, effectiveness and transferability into practice. The standard methodology is highly practical and participative with hands-on approach that comprises real-job examples, case studies examination and simulations. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants.
Every day to assimilate and deepen the concepts successful projects will be presented and analyzed by the trainers and by other experts invited to bring their real accounts. Every day there is a daily session dedicated to cooperative design and writing simulation in groups. With the support of the trainers at the end of the course each team will have developed a full PBL lesson plan.
The training and staff team is multinational thus giving a full Europen dimension to the course.
Each morning there is an interactive wrap-up session that enables the participants to better fix and assimilate the concepts covered the previous day. At the end of each day there is a brief evaluation to improve the learning programme and adapt it to participants' needs.
Free time has been planned to give to the participants time to assimilate the concepts, develop further the group porjects (or additional projects), ask trainers for further clarifications, etc. Restorative short breaks (with cofee, tea, juice and relax) are foreseen.
Networking and cooperation among participants will be supported and stimulated at each stage. We organize optional social, networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to know Italy as well as to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links.
The class-based course is completed by the support of an E-learning portal that is a great support both before and after the attendance in Italy.
You can find below the sessions planned. If none of these dates suits you please mind that we may organize an additional session ad-hoc for your school if there are at least 6 participants interested so feel welcome to contact us at email@example.com to let us know about your needs. When adding an ad-hoc session we may be able to organize it in your language.
09.02.2020 - 15.02.2020
26.07.2020 - 01.08.2020
25.10.2020 - 31.10.2020
08.08.2021 - 14.08.2021
24.10.2021 - 30.10.2021
16.05.2021 - 22.05.2021
COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
Course fee: EUR 490 per participant
Support fee: EUR 200 per participant covering personal and cultural support, dissemination activities and production of a sum-up video, support in the validation and certification process, all coffee breaks and organization of two walk tour in the city where course is taking place
Accommodation and meals fee: depending on the participants’ requests
Course fee and support fee are both mandatory
Teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ grant covering all the costs including travel, board and lodging, cultural activities and all fees. Our training courses are tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus+ and are available in different options to ensure that the Erasmus+ grant will be sufficient.
The most common option that we offer to schools and organizations costs EUR 1220 and includes course fee, support fee, accommodation in single room, all coffee breaks, 3 meals per day, walking tour in the venue’s city and local transport during the course. Based on your preferences and budget you can request different services, a less inclusive/cheaper option or you can choose to organize the board and lodging by yourself and opt to just attend the training course.
CERTIFICATION AND VALIDATION OF LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded a certificate of attendance, together - if requested - with the Europass Mobility Certificate.
We support the participants in every step of certification an d validation of learning outcomes with specific focus on European instruments and Erasmus plus requirements such as staff mobility/learning agreement, quality commitment and Europass mobility certificate.
We experienced that schools and education organizations may require additional documents to certify the competences learned or the presence in the training course. Upon detailed request we can provide those documents as well as we provide photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Training, Employability and Mobile learning (IFOM) is a training centre that holds extensive experience in designing and implementing learning mobility projects for teachers, education staff and students with the support of European programmes, especially Erasmus+.
IFOM offers a range of innovative and practice-driven training courses tailored for education staff, especially teachers. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in a cooperative and international environment and the pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
IFOM designs and organises training courses and structured training events as well as job-shadowing and study visits for teachers, trainers, headmaster and other education staff in order to support them to improve their competences and the quality of education provided by acquiring transversal skills and specific knowledge on innovative teaching methods and practices. At the same time IFOM organises national and transnational work-based experiences for students, graduates, apprentices and unemployed people.
IFOM works closely with schools, teachers and students at regional and national level. Some of the IFOM trainers are working as well as teachers in local schools and are organising specific project-based and non formal activities for the student as such they can bring to the course concrete and real-life classroom experiences based on their practice.
IFOM is member and participates in eTwinning particularly in the European Corner and notably using the teachers' corner to find teaching resources about European Union and European best practices. IFOM uses eTwinning as well to network with fellow teachers and schools, both at Italian and European level and to find interesting events, projects and partners.
IFOM has a long-standing and successful experience in delivering teacher training courses under the LLP and Erasmus+ programme. Past participants appreciated our interactive and hands-on approach focused on practice and experiential training and our support in project application, practical arrangements, certification and dissemination. IFOM, as partner, brings a strong added value to an Erasmus+ project thanks to:
- Its experience in more than 100 Erasmus+ projects
- Its international activity and presence (e.g. eTwinnig, SEG, EPALE…)
- Its involvement as stakeholder in EC initiatives and networks
- Its dissemination and visibility capacity and support
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
We comply to the 10 principles set in the European Quality Charter for Mobility:
- Information and guidance: we provide every participant with access to clear and reliable sources of information and guidance on mobility and the conditions in which it can be taken up, including details of the Charter and the roles of sending and hosting organisations
- Learning plan: we draw up a learning plan describing the objectives and expected outcomes, the means of achieving them and the evaluation measures, taking account of reintegration issues
- Personalisation: we tailor the mobility based on participants’ needs and we ensure that the training course fits in with personal learning pathways, skills and motivation of participants and develops or supplements them
- General preparation: before departure, we can provide participants with general preparation tailored to their specific needs and covering linguistic, pedagogical, legal, cultural and financial aspects
- Linguistic aspects: we support the participants both before, during and after the course, we speak 10 languages do we can fully support the participants form the linguistic point of view
- Logistical support: our venues are easily accessible and based on our vast experience in mobility projects we provide detailed information and assistance concerning travel arrangements, insurance, the portability of government grants and loans, residence or work permits, social security and any other practical aspects
- Mentoring: we provide continuous mentoring to advise and help participants before, throughout and after their stay
- Recognition: we’ve vast experience in recognition of learning outcomes and we assist participants and sending organizations in the recognition and certification process including the issuing of the Europass mobility certificate
- Reintegration and evaluation: during the training we run daily evaluations as well as a final evaluation to monitor and assess all aspects of the training courses and ensure its quality, when appropriate we run an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation to assess the learning outcomes and the competences acquired, after the training we support participants in order to enhance their reintegration
- Commitments and responsibilities: we draw up and sign with the participant a learning agreement and quality commitment and we monitor that the training course comply with these standards
In addition we follow the best practices identified by the IQAIST network:
- Innovative, modern and practice-driven content
- Practical, participative and hands-on methodology
- Tailored programme based on actual professional needs
- Knowledge applicable to the real contexts and/or in the classroom
- Collaborative learning and best practices’ exchange
- European added value and exchange of best practices between countries
- Attention to personal growth and development
- Needs assessment before the training
- Distance learning support before and after the training
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation after the training
- Validation and certification of competences
- Clear communication, practical information and guidance
- Full support, commitment and responsibility
- Easy accessibility
- Cultural immersion and social activities
LANGUAGE OF THE COURSE
The course is held in English. For groups with at least 8 participants, we can organize an ad-hoc session in a different language.
Please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about it.
Die nächsten Sitzungen
- 20.12.2019 > 24.12.2019 (ID: 122899)
- 09.02.2020 > 15.02.2020 (ID: 84309)
- 26.07.2020 > 01.08.2020 (ID: 84308)
- 25.10.2020 > 31.10.2020 (ID: 84310)
- 08.08.2021 > 14.08.2021 (ID: 122790)
- 24.10.2021 > 30.10.2021 (ID: 122789)
Bewertung und Kommentar
Sie müssen angemeldet sein, damit Sie einen Kommentar hinzufügen können.
The training course was really useful, already have yoused the ideas from course at the school. Thanks for opportunity!
Übersetzen (Nur registrierte Nutzer)