European project management and design for teachers, headmasters and educators
In today's world European funds and programmes are a great opportunity for education institutions of every kind. Erasmus+, the new programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport has recorded a budget increase of about the 40% and offers concrete opportunities to foster excellence in education funding a wide range of actions and organizations.
Participating in this course you will learn more about the funding available at European level - with special focus on Erasmus+ - and you'll acquire concrete skills related to designing a successful project and manage it once approved.
This structured course aims to improve participants’ practical skills in the design, management and funding of European projects from shaping the idea, to identify the right European programme, to design a good project to get the get the funds.
The general aim of this course is to improve the quality and the accessibility of European projects in order to foster European integration and excellence in education by empowering and training teachers, education staff and those interested in developing European learning projects to successfully access and manage European funds.
Thanks to this project the participants will:
- Acquire knowledge and practical information about EU policies and funding opportunities 2014-2020, notably Erasmus+, through specific and project-oriented learning sessions;
- Improve their practical skills related to the management of the ideation and application process (including how to interpret correctly a call for proposal, how to design and develop effective project ideas, how to fill in the Application Form) through cooperative compilation of application forms and the analysis of successful projects;
- Learn and get guidance on the preparation and management of the financial, budgeting and contractual aspects through concrete examples and direct evidences;
- Learn best practices related the planning and implementation of the preparatory, visibility, dissemination and follow-up phases through concrete case studies and successful projects;
- Make contacts with individuals and organisations interested in developing European projects through everyday cooperation and specific networking activities.
This course is open to: teachers, trainers, headmasters, school and education managers, educational counsellors, project coordinators, mobility coordinators, other school staff, other adult education staff, other higher education staff, other non-governmental organization staff, public servants, policy makers.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
Our standard programme comprises 7 days, of which the first one is dedicated to networking, preparation and cultural immersion and the last one to follow up, specific needs and cultural activities. Please note that we always do our best to accommodate the specific needs of our participants in a flexible way, including but not limited to budget restrictions and travel arrangements. Participants can choose to arrive 1 day before the start of the course and/or leave 1 day after the end of it in order to enjoy a deeper cultural immersion. Upon specific request we can organize longer or shorter version of this course.
For the courses in Palermo the cultural activities are slightly different and comprises visits to Palermo, Monreale or Cefalù.
- Participants arrival
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city
- Networking activities
- Guided visit in Bologna
- Welcome dinner
- Course introduction
- Competences ex-ante evaluation
- Presentation of the 2014-2020 funding opportunities and programmes with projects’ examples and focus on Erasmus plus and other programmes relevant for the participants and chosen in the preparation phase
- Group cooperative project design: discussing group project ideas proposed by participants in the preparation and division in groups, assessing which programme and action can fund these ideas
- Project Cycle Management and Logical framework Approach
- Presentation of concrete EU-funded projects: comparing the context analysis and the objectives of an approved and a rejected project
- Group cooperative project design: developing the problems’ and objectives’ trees
- Cultural activities in Bologna and traditional italian aperitif
- Work Breakdown Structure and Gannt diagramme
- Presentation of concrete EU-funded projects: the impact of a good WBS in project design and management
- Group cooperative project design: developing project structure and activity plan
- Guided visit in Florence (optional)
- Budgeting, from identifying the eligible costs to the expenditure planning and monitoring
- Presentation of concrete EU-funded projects: budget examples analysis - bad and good experiences, tips and tricks
- Group cooperative project design: drafting the project budget and filling the application form
- Planning and managing the preparatory, visibility, dissemination and follow-up phases, plus focus on European added value and intercultural dimension
- Presentation of concrete EU-funded projects: achieving a mainstreaming and sustainable impact thanks to a well-planned project
- Group cooperative project design: Completing the project structure with the activities related to preparation, visibility campaign, dissemination and follow-up
- Dinner in traditional Italian restaurant
- Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
- Course roundup and final evaluation
- Validation of learning outcomes and certification ceremony
- Additional training session tailored to specific needs (optional)
- Cultural activities or additional guided visit in another major Italian city (optional)
- Participants departure
We tailor the working methods based upon participants’ needs, attitudes and professional profiles in order to ensure high productivity, effectiveness and transferability into practice.
The standard methodology is highly practical and participative with hands-on approach that comprises real-job examples, case studies examination and simulations. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants.
To ensure the hand-on approach the participants will be divided in group and will work on a real application form in order to acquire concrete skills on how to design and apply for a EU-funded project.
The trainers make extensive use of evidence-based examples and experiences. Every day to assimilate and deepen the concepts successful projects will be presented and analyzed by the trainers and by others experts invited to bring their real accounts. Every day there is daily session dedicated to cooperative design and writing simulation in groups. With the support of the trainers at the end of the course each team will have developed a first draft of a European project.
The training and staff team is multinational thus giving a full European dimension to the course.
Each morning there is an interactive wrap-up session that enables the participants to better fix and assimilate the concepts covered the previous day. At the end of each day there is a brief evaluation to improve the learning programme and adapt it to participants’ needs.
Free time has been planned to give to the participants time to assimilate the concepts, develop further the group projects (or additional projects), ask trainers for further clarifications, etc. Restorative short breaks (with coffee, tea, juice and relax) are foreseen.
Networking and cooperation among participants will be supported and stimulated at each stage. We organize optional social, networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to know Italy as well as to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links.
The class-based course is completed by the support of an E-learning portal that is a great support both before and after the attendance in Italy.
You can find below the sessions planned. If none of these dates suits you please mind that we may organize an additional session ad-hoc for your school if there are at least 6 participants interested so feel welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about your needs. When adding an ad-hoc session we may be able to organize it in your language.
12.07.2020 - 18.07.2020
COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
Course fee: EUR 490 per participant
Support fee: EUR 200 per participant covering personal and cultural support, dissemination activities and production of a sum-up video, support in the validation and certification process, all coffee breaks and organization of two walk tour in the city where course is taking place
Accommodation and meals fee: depending on the participants’ requests
Course fee and support fee are both mandatory
Teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ grant covering all the costs including travel, board and lodging, cultural activities and all fees. Our training courses are tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus+ and are available in different options to ensure that the Erasmus+ grant will be sufficient.
The most common option that we offer to schools and organizations costs EUR 1220 and includes course fee, support fee, accommodation in single room, all coffee breaks, 3 meals per day, walking tour in the venue’s city and local transport during the course. Based on your preferences and budget you can request different services, a less inclusive/cheaper option or you can choose to organize the board and lodging by yourself and opt to just attend the training course.
CERTIFICATION AND VALIDATION OF LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded a certificate of attendance, together - if requested - with the Europass Mobility Certificate.
We support the participants in every step of certification an d validation of learning outcomes with specific focus on European instruments and Erasmus plus requirements such as staff mobility/learning agreement, quality commitment and Europass mobility certificate.
We experienced that schools and education organizations may require additional documents to certify the competences learned or the presence in the training course. Upon detailed request we can provide those documents as well as we provide photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Training, Employability and Mobile learning (IFOM) is a training centre that holds extensive experience in designing and implementing learning mobility projects for teachers, education staff and students with the support of European programmes, especially Erasmus+.
IFOM offers a range of innovative and practice-driven training courses tailored for education staff, especially teachers. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in a cooperative and international environment and the pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
IFOM designs and organises training courses and structured training events as well as job-shadowing and study visits for teachers, trainers, headmaster and other education staff in order to support them to improve their competences and the quality of education provided by acquiring transversal skills and specific knowledge on innovative teaching methods and practices. At the same time IFOM organises national and transnational work-based experiences for students, graduates, apprentices and unemployed people.
IFOM works closely with schools, teachers and students at regional and national level. Some of the IFOM trainers are working as well as teachers in local schools and are organising specific project-based and non formal activities for the student as such they can bring to the course concrete and real-life classroom experiences based on their practice.
IFOM is member and participates in eTwinning particularly in the European Corner and notably using the teachers' corner to find teaching resources about European Union and European best practices. IFOM uses eTwinning as well to network with fellow teachers and schools, both at Italian and European level and to find interesting events, projects and partners.
IFOM has a long-standing and successful experience in delivering teacher training courses under the LLP and Erasmus+ programme. Past participants appreciated our interactive and hands-on approach focused on practice and experiential training and our support in project application, practical arrangements, certification and dissemination. IFOM, as partner, brings a strong added value to an Erasmus+ project thanks to:
- Its experience in more than 100 Erasmus+ projects
- Its international activity and presence (e.g. eTwinnig, SEG, EPALE…)
- Its involvement as stakeholder in EC initiatives and networks
- Its dissemination and visibility capacity and support
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
We comply to the 10 principles set in the European Quality Charter for Mobility:
- Information and guidance: we provide every participant with access to clear and reliable sources of information and guidance on mobility and the conditions in which it can be taken up, including details of the Charter and the roles of sending and hosting organisations
- Learning plan: we draw up a learning plan describing the objectives and expected outcomes, the means of achieving them and the evaluation measures, taking account of reintegration issues
- Personalisation: we tailor the mobility based on participants’ needs and we ensure that the training course fits in with personal learning pathways, skills and motivation of participants and develops or supplements them
- General preparation: before departure, we can provide participants with general preparation tailored to their specific needs and covering linguistic, pedagogical, legal, cultural and financial aspects
- Linguistic aspects: we support the participants both before, during and after the course, we speak 10 languages do we can fully support the participants form the linguistic point of view
- Logistical support: our venues are easily accessible and based on our vast experience in mobility projects we provide detailed information and assistance concerning travel arrangements, insurance, the portability of government grants and loans, residence or work permits, social security and any other practical aspects
- Mentoring: we provide continuous mentoring to advise and help participants before, throughout and after their stay
- Recognition: we’ve vast experience in recognition of learning outcomes and we assist participants and sending organizations in the recognition and certification process including the issuing of the Europass mobility certificate
- Reintegration and evaluation: during the training we run daily evaluations as well as a final evaluation to monitor and assess all aspects of the training courses and ensure its quality, when appropriate we run an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation to assess the learning outcomes and the competences acquired, after the training we support participants in order to enhance their reintegration
- Commitments and responsibilities: we draw up and sign with the participant a learning agreement and quality commitment and we monitor that the training course comply with these standards
In addition we follow the best practices identified by the IQAIST network:
- Innovative, modern and practice-driven content
- Practical, participative and hands-on methodology
- Tailored programme based on actual professional needs
- Knowledge applicable to the real contexts and/or in the classroom
- Collaborative learning and best practices’ exchange
- European added value and exchange of best practices between countries
- Attention to personal growth and development
- Needs assessment before the training
- Distance learning support before and after the training
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation after the training
- Validation and certification of competences
- Clear communication, practical information and guidance
- Full support, commitment and responsibility
- Easy accessibility
- Cultural immersion and social activities
LANGUAGE OF THE COURSE
The course is held in English. For groups with at least 8 participants, we can organize an ad-hoc session in a different language.
Please write an email to email@example.com to get more information about it.
Die nächsten Sitzungen
- 07.12.2019 > 14.12.2019 (ID: 122885)
- 12.01.2020 > 18.01.2020 (ID: 122886)
- 12.07.2020 > 18.07.2020 (ID: 84278)
- 29.08.2021 > 04.09.2021 (ID: 122762)
Bewertung und Kommentar
Sie müssen angemeldet sein, damit Sie einen Kommentar hinzufügen können.
I would highly recommend this course: it is well-structured, target-oriented, and one can learn a lot about project design in an amusing way. Not to mention the fabulous location and the attentiveness of the organisers. I'm very pleased with my choice of course, indeed and still cherish wonderful memories!
Übersetzen (Nur registrierte Nutzer)