Discover the power of Game Based Learning and Gamification in education
Today's learners are very different from the ones of 20 years ago; not only they are digital natives but have new profiles and preferences. This is strictly linked with one of the main problems in modern education: the lack of motivation and engagement in the learning process. Gamification in education and Game Based Learning, can be particularly effective to engage learners and promote active participation and motivation in the classroom and outside.
Participating in this course you will discover both how to integrate game-based mechanics and game thinking to turn the learning process as a whole into a game (Gamification) as well as practical apps and tools to use games as part of the learning process (Game Based Learning). Through an hands-on approach we will analyse and master together Game Based Learning apps and Gamification examples and we will reflect on how to use them with our learners and how to adapt the learning process towards our students’ needs, preferences and attitudes.
This structured course aims to introduce the participants to the world of Game Based Learning and Gamification and guide the participants through the principles, possibilities, apps and tools that can allow them to address today’s education challenges and adapt the learning process to students’ needs and profiles.
The general aim of this course is to foster excellence in education by empowering teachers, school staff and managers with the needed knowledge and skills to use game thinking, approaches and elements in education and effectively apply gamification principles and mechanisms in school settings.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Get acquainted with the key elements and growing trends related to Game Based Learning and Gamification
- Understand the difference between Game Based Learning and Gamification
- Get to know the best Game Based Learning and Gamification apps and tools
- Learn the main steps to integrate game-based elements and mechanism in education and gamify the classroom
- Learn how to design and create digital badges to represent achievements and motivate to act
- Practice and get acquainted with Gamification examples and principles to increase learners’ engagement and motivation
- Exchange best practices and share experiences about Game Based Learning and Gamification with teachers and education staff coming throughout Europe
- Network with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe through everyday cooperation and networking activities
This course is addressed to teachers, trainers, educational counsellors, career counsellors, school psychologists, headmasters, school management and administrative staff working in primary schools, secondary schools, vocational schools, training centres, adult education schools, higher education and NGOs.
Please mind that the course may include teachers from different school levels
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles.
Our standard programme comprises 7 days, of which the first one is dedicated to networking, preparation and cultural immersion and the last one to follow up, specific needs and cultural activities. Please note that we always do our best to accommodate the specific needs of our participants in a flexible way, including but not limited to budget restrictions and travel arrangements. Participants can choose to arrive 1 day before the start of the course and/or leave one day after the end of it in order to enjoy a deeper cultural immersion in Italy. Upon specific request we may organize longer versions of this course.
For the courses in Palermo the cultural activities are slightly different and comprises visits to Palermo, Monreale or Cefalù.
- Participants arrival
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city
- Networking activities
- Guided visit in Bologna
- Welcome dinner
- Course introduction
- Teambuilding exercises
- Needs and expectations evaluation
- New learners, new challenges: how Game Based Learning and Gamification can help 21st century education
- Understanding the difference between Game Based Learning and Gamification
- Testing and practicing basic Game Based Learning activities
- Groups work and plenary discussion on how the most common challenges that participants are facing with their learners
- Morning wrap-up
- Game Based Learning in action
- Testing and practicing some of the most common Game Based Learning apps
- Groups work and plenary discussion on how participant can use the Game Based Learning apps with their specific learners
- Cultural activities in Bologna and traditional Italian aperitif
- Morning wrap-up
- Stimulating critical and creative thinking through Game Based Learning
- The opportunity out of the door: Outdoor Game Based Leaning
- Using game-based mechanics to engage learners and motivate to act and learn outdoor
- Guided visit in Florence (optional)
- Morning wrap-up
- The 4 main steps to gamify your classroom and learning activities
- The top-picked game elements to engage students in the learning process
- Presenting and analyzing Gamification examples and tools
- Groups work and plenary discussion on how participant can gamify their classrooms and integrate game-based mechanics in their teaching
- Morning wrap-up
- Motivating learners and sharing learning outcomes and accomplishments within a learning community
- How to design, create and award a Digital Badge to track goals and skills achieved
- Testing and practicing a Digital Badge platform
- Upgrading a unit or lesson adding game elements and mechanisms
- Dinner in traditional Italian restaurant
- Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
- Course roundup and final evaluation
- Validation of learning outcomes and certification ceremony
- Additional training session tailored to specific needs (optional)
- Cultural activities or additional guided visit in another major Italian city (optional)
- Participants departure
We tailor the working methods based upon participants’ needs, attitudes and professional profiles in order to ensure high productivity, effectiveness and transferability into practice.
The standard methodology is highly practical and participative with hands-on approach that comprises real-job examples, case studies examination and simulations. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in an interactive and international environment. The pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, group and peer activities, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
Morning Wrap-up and brief daily evaluations are foreseen to ensure quality of education and to adapt the learning programme to participants' needs better tailoring the education.
Free time has been planned to give to the participants time to assimilate the concepts, develop further the group activities, ask trainers for further clarifications, etc. Networking and cooperation among participants will be supported and stimulated at each stage.
We organize optional social, networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to know Italy as well as to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links.
The training and staff team is multinational thus giving a full European dimension to the course.
You can find below the sessions planned. If none of these dates suits you please mind that we may organize an additional session ad-hoc for your school if there are at least 6 participants interested so feel welcome to contact us at email@example.com to let us know about your needs. When adding an ad-hoc session we may be able to organize it in your language.
29/03/2021 - 02/04/2021 (Online)
01/08/2021 - 07/08/2021 (Bologna)
06/02/2022 - 12/02/2022 (Bologna)
22/05/2022 - 28/05/2022 (Tenerife)
10/07/2022 - 16/07/2022 (Bologna)
COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
Teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ grant covering all the costs to attend our training courses including travel, board and lodging, cultural activities and all fees. Our training courses are tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus+ and we offer different options to ensure the best comfort and quality at a price that is within the Erasmus+ grant.
We are proud to tailor our training courses to both participants' learning and practical needs and to ease your participation at our training courses, we will gladly take care of all the practical arrangements. If you prefer, you can take care of some of the practical arrangements by yourself (e.g. meals, local transport...), though we will manage the organization of your accommodation in order to ensure optimal logistic organization, safety and time-efficiency. We always provide board and lodging in the same hotel in which we organize the course thus ensuring optimal comfort and potential of networking with the fellow participants.
The most common option that we offer to schools and organisations costs EUR 1220 and includes course fee, certification and support fee, accommodation in single room, 2 coffee breaks per day, 3 meals per day, walking tour in the venue’s city, a sum-up dissemination video and local transport during the course. For schools sending 2 or more participants we can offer accommodation in double rooms and we can provide as well accommodation for people or relatives accompanying the participants.
When attending our courses, we recommend you to request 9 days of individual support for your subsistence costs, 7 days for the course plus 2 additional days for the travel. In this way you can have more flexibility in planning your stay and you can enjoy all the cultural activities planned from the first to the last day of the course.
CERTIFICATION AND VALIDATION OF LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded a certificate of attendance, together - if requested - with the Europass Mobility Certificate.
We support the participants in every step of certification an d validation of learning outcomes with specific focus on European instruments and Erasmus plus requirements such as staff mobility/learning agreement, quality commitment and Europass mobility certificate.
We experienced that schools and education organizations may require additional documents to certify the competences learned or the presence in the training course. Upon detailed request we can provide those documents as well as we provide photos of the training course and a sum-up video that can be used for visibility and dissemination purposes.
WHO WE ARE
ELA (Erasmus Learning Academy), is a training centre that focus on designing and implementing learning training courses for teachers, education staff and students with the support of European programmes, especially Erasmus plus. ELA has been created by IFOM director Francesco Tarantino and is in charge of managing the initiative ErasmusTrainingCourses.com formerly managed by IFOM. IFOM keeps focusing on work-based experiences for students and graduates. ELA focuses on designing and implementing international training courses and learning mobility for teachers and education staff.
ELA offers a range of innovative and practice-driven courses tailored for educators, especially teachers. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in a cooperative and international environment. The pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
We work as a hub and a network in the Italian territory where we cooperate with public institutions, schools of all levels, VET centres, universities, adult education providers and other formal and non-formal education institutions. Our main headquarter is in Bologna, where most of our courses take place, and we organize as well several courses in Sicily and in Tenerife. Feel welcome to read more about our locations and about the courses for teachers and educational staff that we organize.
We holds extensive experience in organizing international training courses for teachers, headmasters and educational staff. In particular since 2011 we organize our courses with the support of European Union funds and in the last 5 years we’ve successfully received and trained over 2500 teachers and education staff coming from all over Europe, as you can read from the reviews at www.erasmustrainingcourses.com or on School Education Gateway. Past participants appreciated our interactive and hands-on approach focused on practice and experiential training and our support in project implementation, practical arrangements, certification and dissemination. As partner, we bring a strong added value to an Erasmus plus project thanks to:
- Our experience in more than 200 Erasmus+ projects
- Our international activity and presence (e.g. eTwinnig, SEG, EPALE…)
- Our involvement as stakeholder in EC initiatives and networks
- Our dissemination and visibility capacity and support
We work in the education sector since more than 10 years, thus we know the real context, the challenges that teachers are facing every day. We regularly participate in international training and European conference to keep our know-how up-to-date. We’re experience in tailoring our courses to the participants needs and profiles thus enhancing personal and professional development.
We’ve experience in providing linguistic, pedagogical and cultural preparation before the mobility as well as support and assistance after. We know how support and guide participants providing clear and comprehensive information before the courses and making them feel comfortable and safe.
We have successfully organized board and lodging as well as social activities and cultural visits for thousands of teachers and learners that came to Italy for learning purposes.
We’ve experience in ensuring continuous monitoring and evaluation and in the assessment, recognition and validation of learning outcomes through various European tools (i.e. Europass, ECVET, …).
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
We comply to the 10 principles set in the European Quality Charter for Mobility:
- Information and guidance: we provide every participant with access to clear and reliable sources of information and guidance on mobility and the conditions in which it can be taken up, including details of the Charter and the roles of sending and hosting organisations
- Learning plan: we draw up a learning plan describing the objectives and expected outcomes, the means of achieving them and the evaluation measures, taking account of reintegration issues
- Personalisation: we tailor the mobility based on participants’ needs and we ensure that the training course fits in with personal learning pathways, skills and motivation of participants and develops or supplements them
- General preparation: before departure, we can provide participants with general preparation tailored to their specific needs and covering linguistic, pedagogical, legal, cultural and financial aspects
- Linguistic aspects: we support the participants both before, during and after the course, we speak 10 languages do we can fully support the participants form the linguistic point of view
- Logistical support: our venues are easily accessible and based on our vast experience in mobility projects we provide detailed information and assistance concerning travel arrangements, insurance, the portability of government grants and loans, residence or work permits, social security and any other practical aspects
- Mentoring: we provide continuous mentoring to advise and help participants before, throughout and after their stay
- Recognition: we’ve vast experience in recognition of learning outcomes and we assist participants and sending organizations in the recognition and certification process including the issuing of the Europass mobility certificate
- Reintegration and evaluation: during the training we run daily evaluations as well as a final evaluation to monitor and assess all aspects of the training courses and ensure its quality, when appropriate we run an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation to assess the learning outcomes and the competences acquired, after the training we support participants in order to enhance their reintegration
- Commitments and responsibilities: we draw up and sign with the participant a learning agreement and quality commitment and we monitor that the training course comply with these standards
In addition we follow the best practices identified by the IQAIST network:
- Innovative, modern and practice-driven content
- Practical, participative and hands-on methodology
- Tailored programme based on actual professional needs
- Knowledge applicable to the real contexts and/or in the classroom
- Collaborative learning and best practices’ exchange
- European added value and exchange of best practices between countries
- Attention to personal growth and development
- Needs assessment before the training
- Distance learning support before and after the training
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation after the training
- Validation and certification of competences
- Clear communication, practical information and guidance
- Full support, commitment and responsibility
- Easy accessibility
- Cultural immersion and social activities
LANGUAGE OF THE COURSE
The course is held in English. For groups with at least 8 participants, we can organize an ad-hoc session in a different language.
Please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about it.
Die nächsten Sitzungen
- 01.08.2021 > 07.08.2021 (ID: 179447)
- 06.02.2022 > 12.02.2022 (ID: 179446)
- 10.07.2022 > 16.07.2022 (ID: 179448)
Bewertung und Kommentar
Bewertungen können nur von verifizierten Kursteilnehmerinnen und -teilnehmern über das Mobility Tool+ der Europäischen Kommission erstellt werden. Wenn Sie an diesem Kurs teilgenommen haben, nutzen Sie zur Bewertung bitte das Mobility Tool+. Sollte der Kurs noch nicht im Mobility Tool+ aufgeführt sein, wenden Sie sich mit folgender Kurs-ID an Ihren Projektkoordinator:Bewertungen können nur von verifizierten Kursteilnehmerinnen und -teilnehmern über das Mobility Tool+ der Europäischen Kommission erstellt werden. Wenn Sie an diesem Kurs teilgenommen haben, nutzen Sie zur Bewertung bitte das Mobility Tool+. Sollte der Kurs noch nicht im Mobility Tool+ aufgeführt sein, wenden Sie sich mit folgender Kurs-ID an Ihren Projektkoordinator: 122852.
Für diesen Kurs liegen keine Bewertungen vor.