Learn how to create an e-learning platform and a website in one week
Nowadays there is a growing trend towards integrating Information and Communications Technology (ICT) into teaching and training. There a number of e-learning and web design tools that offer educators great opportunities but not without challenges. Platforms like Moodle, Edmodo, Weebly, ect., can be a muddy environment and approaching them without a proper guidance can be a time-consuming task.
Taking part in this course teachers, trainers and education managers will learn how to create a website and an e-learning platform for educational purposes. Through an hands-on approach and learning-by-doing methodology participants will create their first e-learning platform and website during the training.
This structured course allows participants to improve their ICT skills in a practical and concrete way together with other participants and trainers throughout all Europe thus gaining as well a broader understanding of education in Europe and exchanging best practices and experiences. The general aim of this course is to foster excellence in education by empowering teachers, trainers, headmasters and other education staff to integrate web platforms into teaching and education.
This course will guide participants through the basic steps of developing a website and integrating Moodle or Edmodo in their educational pathways.
In Moodle you can create forums, surveys, lessons, digital books, assignments, glossaries, self-correcting quizzes, wikis, workshops and you can also integrate other resources digital resources available on the Internet (videos, texts, images, blog articles, etc.).
Edmodo is an easy way to get your students connected so they can safely collaborate, get and stay organized, and access assignments, marks, and school messages. Edmodo is a e-learning social platform that merges the benefit of Moodle and Facebook.
Moodle and Edmodo are great tools to be used in blended learning situations combining short-term face-to-face education with virtual learning.
By the end of the training each participants will create by his/her own a website and an e-learning space.
The course has a flexible approach in order to adapt the learning outcomes to the particular needs and ICT profile of the participants.
Thanks to this course the participants will:
- Learn how to easily create an engaging website with Weebly, Wix or Wordpress;
- Learn how to use Moodle or Edmodo to create an e-learning site;
- Learn how to give to education and extra dimension and how to boost learners motivation through using new technologies;
- Learn how to deliver blended courses and combine face-to-face education with virtual learning;
- Improve their ICT skills and their knolwdge about e-learning and blended learning;
- Exchange best practices and share experiences with participants and staff coming throughout Europe;
- Make contacts with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe through everyday cooperation and networking activities;
- Visit and network with Italian institutions.
Please find below the standard indicative daily programme that will be personalized on participants needs and professional profiles. The course will be focused on the web platforms more relevant for the participants ensuring that the knowledge learned is relevant and can be directly transferable into their work. For the web design we use either Weebly, Wix or Wordpress. For the e-learning we can guide the participants through Moodle or Edmodo. Upon request we can tailor the course in order to focus only on the web design or only on the e-learning. The daily agenda below is tailored considering Weebly as web design tool and Moodle as e-learning platform.
Our standard programme comprises 7 days, of which the first one is dedicated to networking, preparation and cultural immersion and the last one to follow up, specific needs and cultural activities, thus participants can opt a shorter 5-days version (Monday to Friday) that covers the core training. Participants can choose to arrive 1 day before the start of the course and/or leave one day after the end of it in order to enjoy a deeper cultural immersion in Italy. Upon specific request we can organize longer versions of this course.
For the courses in Palermo the cultural activities are slightly different and comprises visits to Palermo, Monreale or Cefalù.
- Participants arrival
- Individual orientation and information about the venue and the city
- Networking activities
- Guided visit in Bologna (optional)
- Welcome dinner
- Course introduction: growing trends towards integrating using web platform into education and blended learning
- Competences ex-ante evaluation
- The basic principles and elements in web design
- The most common online website builders to easily create a website
- Practical work: planning your website
- Introducing Weebly, a powerful and easy to use web hosting and design service
- Practical work: creating the website and the first page
- Getting to know more the Weebly drag-and-drop website builder
- Practical work: giving a structure to your website
- Practical work: adding a photo gallery to your website
- Practical work: embedding a video in your website
- Practical work: adding a survey or a test
- Practical work: adding a forum
- Cultural activities in Bologna and traditional Italian aperitif
- Introducing Moodle, a free Open Source e-learning course management system
- Practical work: browsing in your Moodle course
- Practical work: setting up your first course
- Practical work: adding students to your course
- Practical work: adding resources to your course
- Guided visit in Florence or Venice (optional)
- How to add activities in your course and involve students actively in their learning
- Practical work: adding assignments to your course
- Practical work: adding a quiz
- Practical work: adding a survey
- Practical work: adding a wiki
- Practical work: enabling peer assessment
- Practical work: copying or recycling activities
- How to control and display progress
- Practical work: adding tracking tools to your course
- How to use Moodle mobile app
- Practical work: keeping up-to-date with notifications
- Practical work: creating mobile-friendly courses
- Dinner in traditional Italian restaurant
- Space for discussion of future cooperation and planning follow up activities
- Course roundup and final evaluation
- Validation of learning outcomes and certification ceremony
- Additional training session tailored to specific needs (optional)
- Cultural activities or additional guided visit in another major Italian city (optional)
- Participants departure
We tailor the working methods based upon participants’ needs, attitudes and professional profiles in order to ensure high productivity, effectiveness and transferability into practice.
Our methodology is highly practical and participative with hands-on approach that comprises real-job examples, case studies examination and simulations. We embrace collaboratively working methods that foster mutual learning and cooperation among participants. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in an interactive and international environment. The pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, group and peer activities, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
During the course the participants will work on a real website/blog and e-learning site that they will build up during the course and bring back home. The participants at the beginning of the course will be given an empty website and Moodle/Edmodo space. During the course the participants will use those as sandboxes to practice gradually filling and adapting them to their educational needs with the support of the expert trainers.
Morning Wrap-up and brief daily evaluations are foreseen to ensure quality of education and to adapt the learning programme to participants' needs better tailoring the education.
Free time has been planned to give to the participants time to assimilate the concepts, develop further the group activities, ask trainers for further clarifications, etc. Networking and cooperation among participants will be supported and stimulated at each stage.
We organize optional social, networking and cultural activities in order to give participants the opportunity to know Italy as well as to exchange best-practice and establish professional cooperation and links.
The training and staff team is multinational thus giving a full European dimension to the course.
The class-based course is completed by the support of the e-learning portal that is a great support both before and after the course in Italy.
You can find below the sessions planned. If none of these dates suits you please mind that we may add additional sessions (and cities) if there are at least 6 participants interested so feel welcome to contact us at email@example.com to inform us about your needs.
25.02.2018 - 03.03.2018
07.10.2018 - 13.10.2018
14.07.2019 - 20.07.2019
10.11.2019 - 16.10.2019
22.07.2018 - 28.07.2018
25.08.2019 - 31.08.2019
04.11.2018 - 10.11.2018
13.10.2019 - 19.10.2019
COSTS AND ERASMUS+ FUNDING
Course fee: EUR 70 per day per participant
Certification and support fee: EUR 100-150 per participant depending on the group size
Accommodation, meals, cultural activities: depending on the participants’ requests
Teachers, trainers, headmasters and any other staff of education organizations are eligible to receive an Erasmus+ grant covering all the costs including travel, board and lodging, cultural activities and all fees. Our training courses are tailored to be fully funded by Erasmus+ and are available in different options - from all-inclusive to course only – to ensure that the Erasmus+ grant will be sufficient.
The most common all-inclusive option costs EUR 1250 and includes course fee, certification and support fee, accommodation in single room, all coffee breaks, 3 meals per day, walk tour in the city and local transport during the course. Based on your preferences and budget you can request different services, a less inclusive option or you can choose to organize the board and lodging by yourself and opt to just attend the training course.
WHO WE ARE
TeacherTrainings.eu is a joint partnership of the Institute for Training, Employability and Mobile learning (IFOM) and YouNet that joined forces to achieve their common goal of fostering excellence in education and training. TeacherTrainings.eu offers a range of innovative and practice-driven courses tailored for educators, especially teachers. Our focus is on learning outside the classroom in a cooperative and international environment. The pedagogical methods that we use are based upon experiential training, learning-by-doing and best practices’ exchange.
We offer courses on: European project management and EU programmes, soft skills, public speaking and presentation skills, conflict management, stress management, NLP, work-based learning and dual education, non-formal education, entrepreneurship and leadership, managing a team, CLIL and didactics of teaching languages, ICT integration into teaching, e-learning and web design, business management, creative teaching, peer coaching, career and Job Guidance, preventing early school leaving.
You can find more information about us and our courses at www.teachertrainings.eu
More about IFOM and YouNet
IFOM and YouNet are a vocational education and training centre and a non-profit organization that holds extensive experience in designing and implementing learning mobility projects for educators and students with the support of European programmes.
IFOM and YouNet use training and mobility as tools to support education and ease the transition from school to labour market. We regularly organize international training courses for teachers, trainers, headmasters and other educational staff as well as teaching assignments and job-shadowing in schools and companies especially with the support of the Erasmus+ programme.
At the same time we provide national and transnational work-based experiences for students, graduates, apprentices and unemployed people (you can read more at www.vocationalplacement.com).
We work as a network in the Italian territory where we cooperate with public institutions, VET centres, schools, SMEs and large companies, universities and other formal and non-formal education institutions. We’re the founders and coordinators of an international network of teacher training providers and schools aiming at Increasing the Quality and Accessibility of In-Service Trainings for teachers (IQAIST). With fellow schools we have established consortiums that aim to provide higher quality and accessibility to apprenticeships and work-based learning schemes both at national and European level.
We support and participate in the European Alliance for Apprenticeships that brings together public authorities, businesses, social partners, vocational education and training providers, youth representatives, and other key actors to promote apprenticeship schemes and initiatives across Europe. We’re active in the field of entrepreneurship education and social business that we believe is crucial to face today’s challenges. We cooperate with the EURES network and we’ve participated in the pilot action Your First EURES Job and in the scheme Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs.
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
We comply to the 10 principles set in the European Quality Charter for Mobility:
- Information and guidance: we provide every participant with access to clear and reliable sources of information and guidance on mobility and the conditions in which it can be taken up, including details of the Charter and the roles of sending and hosting organisations
- Learning plan: we draw up a learning plan describing the objectives and expected outcomes, the means of achieving them and the evaluation measures, taking account of reintegration issues
- Personalisation: we tailor the mobility based on participants’ needs and we ensure that the training course fits in with personal learning pathways, skills and motivation of participants and develops or supplements them
- General preparation: before departure, we can provide participants with general preparation tailored to their specific needs and covering linguistic, pedagogical, legal, cultural and financial aspects
- Linguistic aspects: we support the participants both before, during and after the course, we speak 10 languages do we can fully support the participants form the linguistic point of view
- Logistical support: our venues are easily accessible and based on our vast experience in mobility projects we provide detailed information and assistance concerning travel arrangements, insurance, the portability of government grants and loans, residence or work permits, social security and any other practical aspects
- Mentoring: we provide continuous mentoring to advise and help participants before, throughout and after their stay
- Recognition: we’ve vast experience in recognition of learning outcomes and we assist participants and sending organizations in the recognition and certification process including the issuing of the Europass mobility certificate
- Reintegration and evaluation: during the training we run daily evaluations as well as a final evaluation to monitor and assess all aspects of the training courses and ensure its quality, when appropriate we run an ex-ante and ex-post evaluation to assess the learning outcomes and the competences acquired, after the training we support participants in order to enhance their reintegration
- Commitments and responsibilities: we draw up and sign with the participant a learning agreement and quality commitment and we monitor that the training course comply with these standards
In addition we follow the best practices identified by the IQAIST network:
- Innovative, modern and practice-driven content
- Practical, participative and hands-on methodology
- Tailored programme based on actual professional needs
- Knowledge applicable to the real contexts and/or in the classroom
- Collaborative learning and best practices’ exchange
- European added value and exchange of best practices between countries
- Attention to personal growth and development
- Needs assessment before the training
- Distance learning support before and after the training
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation after the training
- Validation and certification of competences
- Clear communication, practical information and guidance
- Full support, commitment and responsibility
- Easy accessibility
- Cultural immersion and social activities
At the end of the course, each participant will be awarded a certificate of attendance including a description of training content and as well as its starting and end date, together - if requested - with a Europass Mobility Certificate.
Moreover we experienced that schools and education organizations may require additional documents to certify the competences learned or the presence in the training course. Upon request we can provide additional certification and reporting documents.
- 25.02.2018 > 03.03.2018
- 22.07.2018 > 28.07.2018
- 07.10.2018 > 13.10.2018
- 14.07.2019 > 20.07.2019 (Potvrzeno)
- 25.08.2019 > 31.08.2019 (Potvrzeno)
- 10.11.2019 > 16.10.2019 (Potvrzeno)
Ohodnoťte & přidejte posudek
Komentáře je možné vkládat pouze po přihlášení.
This organization is not serious, they publish fake sessions all the time. Every day you look for a course, it seems they have many courses starting exactly that day, they are all fake! Don't trust them you may loose your flight ticket!
Přeložit (Pouze zaregistrovaní uživatelé)