Shakespeare in Europe
William Shakespeare's plays are 'connected' with many locations in Europe. In this course we will (1) experience a selection of plays via performing parts of them and (2) pay attention to the background and context of these plays. This way the plays will open a window to Shakespeare's own time and to the places/times in which he makes them take place.
* Method: The main methodological form will be drama/theatre. We will play part(s) of the plays, partly in our own (re)writing of texts. Embedded in this methodology we will pay attention to the following aspects:
* How to organise/create a play/drama/theatre?
* Drama as an educational tool: what happens in a group when they prepare a performance/perform (together)?
* Drama as the best form of CLIL (content language integrated learning)
* Video: at the same time the course will offer video training, using tablets and mobile phones. Performances will be filmed by the not-performing participants. In advance an on-line video course will be offered, using parts of the Vimeo video school. Video editing training will offered, using various editors (optional).
- 11.09.2016 > 17.09.2016
- Register before 01.08.2016
- 10.09.2017 > 16.09.2017
- Register before 01.08.2017
- 09.09.2018 > 15.09.2018
- Register before 01.08.2018
Rate & review
In order to add a comment you must be logged in.
There are no reviews for this course.