Strategic Partnerships: raising standards in teaching and learning
- Reading time: 2 minutes
The Erasmus+ call for Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships is open. Your school could lead or join a Strategic Partnership involving organisations across Europe! Read on to find out how to make this happen.
Strategic Partnerships are collaborative projects with specific objectives, which aim to raise standards in teaching and learning. Your school is not restricted to partnering only with other schools: your partners can be local businesses, libraries, museums, arts or youth organisations, universities, science or research centres… just to mention a few!
The project can focus on numerous topics and include activities such as:
- linking with careers advice services to improve students’ employability;
- collaborating with museums to reinvigorate history curricula;
- working with art galleries to exhibit students’ work;
- collaborating with local authorities to raise your school’s profile in the community
Are you wondering what a success story looks like, to get inspiration for your own project? Discover on the Erasmus+ website these two examples of how a strategic partnership can be used to learn with robots or to reflect on war to shape the future. Explore also the database of accepted Erasmus+ projects to get tips and ideas for your school’s application.
To find partners, go to the School Education Gateway either to post your partner search announcement or to browse already published ones. Follow these steps:
- Log in or register in School Education Gateway
- Visit the Strategic Partnership tool and either use the search tool to look for the right partner organisation for you, or simply browse through the existing offers.
- To post your own idea for a strategic partnership please first read the Terms & Conditions and then create a request (login required).
Remember: the deadline to submit application for Key Action 2 (Strategic partnerships in the field of education, training and youth) to your National Agency is 29 March 2017.
To prepare your funding application, take a look at the following resources:
- Erasmus+ Call for Proposals 2017: application deadlines
- Programme Guide 2017: details on different funding opportunities, eligibility criteria and funding rules.
- Strategic partnerships Tool: Search for partner schools/organisations across Europe to carry out joint projects that aim at improving standards and the quality of teaching and learning.
- Practical Guide for school leaders: examples and step-by-step guidance for school leaders planning their Erasmus+ funding application. Available in six languages.
Information for this article is based on the Practical Guide for school leaders.